Charges apply to those who benefit from the services of the Louth Local Authorities Fire Services as set out in the table below.
(1) Current Charges for Services as per DOS.G.64/09
|Domestic Chimney Fires||€300 flat charge|
|All Other Fires ||€10/min|
|False Alarms||€300 flat charge|
|RTA & Other Non-Fire Incidents||€10/min|
Malicious calls to the Fire Service can endanger lives and will be reported to the Gardaí.
FIRE SERVICE ACT 1981
Cost of Fire Service attendance is chargeable under the Local Government (Financial Provisions) Act, 1983.
You are advised that there are fees associated with many types of fires and emergency incidents. Please check your Car and Home Insurance Policy or contact your insurer to see what you are covered for in the event of a car accident, car fire, house fire, chimney fire e.t.c. Please be aware of the excess that applies on your policy which you must pay in the event of a successful claim.
Don’t forget to make arrangements to renew your insurance policies annually as required – never let cover lapse.
APPEALS TO INVOICES ISSUED
Each case will be reviewed on its own merits to ascertain if a reduction will be applied to the bill. All appeals must be made in writing (see contact details below).
- If you wish to appeal this invoice on the grounds that you are in receipt of Social Welfare, Old Age Pension etc., please provide evidence of income with your letter, for example Social Welfare receipt.
MULTI VEHICLE ROADTRAFFIC COLLSIONS (RTC)
In the event of a multi vehicle RTC, it is the Councils policy to initially bill all parties involved in the accident, until such time as liability has been ascertained. If you receive an invoice and are not liable please contact us immediately so we may rectify same.
- Payment terms: 30 days.
- Agreements may be made to accept payments in instalments, please contact us to make necessary arrangements (see contact details below).
- Louth County Council Pay Desk will accept cash/cheque/postal order/bank draft/Laser or Credit Card payments.
- By Post: cheque/postal order/bank draft, made payable to Louth County Council.
- Laser/Credit Card payments can be made by phone.
- Monthly Direct Debit: please contact us for a DD mandate or use attached: Direct Debit Mandate.doc (size 53.2 KB)
- You may set up a weekly/monthly Standing Order with your bank.
Louth County Councils bank account is 15582234 and sort code is 903365.
Please ensure to use your Customer Account Number as the reference.
If you have a query please contact:
Phone No - 042-9395457
Postal Address - Louth County Council, County Hall, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co Louth.