Charges apply to those who benefit from the services of the Louth Local Authorities Fire Services as set out in the table below.
(1) Current Charges for Services as per DOS.G.64/09
|Domestic Chimney Fires||€300 flat charge|
|All Other Fires ||€10/min|
|False Alarms||€300 flat charge|
|RTA & Other Non-Fire Incidents||€10/min|
Malicious calls to the Fire Service can endanger lives and will be reported to the Gardaí.
FIRE SERVICE ACT 1981
Cost of Fire Service attendance is chargeable under the Local Government (Financial Provisions) Act, 1983.
You are advised that there are fees associated with many types of fires and emergency incidents. Please check your Car and Home Insurance Policy or contact your insurer to see what you are covered for in the event of a car accident, car fire, house fire, chimney fire etc. Please be aware of the excess that applies on your policy which you must pay in the event of a successful claim.
Don’t forget to make arrangements to renew your insurance policies annually as required – never let cover lapse.
APPEALS TO INVOICES ISSUED
Each case will be reviewed on its own merits to ascertain if a reduction will be applied to the bill. All appeals must be made in writing (see contact details below).
- If you wish to appeal this invoice on the grounds that you are in receipt of Social Welfare, Old Age Pension etc., please provide evidence of income with your letter, for example Social Welfare receipt.
MULTI VEHICLE ROADTRAFFIC COLLSIONS (RTC)
In the event of a multi vehicle RTC, it is the Councils policy to initially bill all parties involved in the accident, until such time as liability has been ascertained. If you receive an invoice and are not liable please contact us.
Payment of the full amount due:
- Payment Terms: 30 Days
- Standing Order or Electronic Funds Transfer directly to our bank:
IBAN: IE36 BOFI 903365 15582234 BIC: BOFIIE2D
- Cash/Cheque/Laser/Credit Card accepted to our Cash Office: open daily 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, card payments can be made over the phone, Tel: 1890 202 303.
- By post: Please make your cheque payable to Louth County Council and post to Fire Section, Louth County Council, County Hall, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co Louth. Please do not send cash through the post.
Payment Plans must be in agreement with Louth County Council and setup within 28 days from the date of the agreement, you must adhere to the terms of any such agreement and to discharge all instalments stipulated in any such payment plan on the date on which they fall due.
- Direct Debit for monthly deductions, please complete P-PLAN-and-DD-Mandate-Fire-Service.pdf Form and return to Fire Section
- Standing Order are setup directly with your bank, please ring 1890 202 303 to advise the Fire Section if this is your preferred option (LCC bank details above).
Failure to make payment or enter into a payment plan as set out above will result in legal action being taken to recover the amount due.
Should you have any queries on this account, please contact the Fire Services Section on 1890 202303
Please ensure to use your Customer Account Number as the reference.