Vintage and Veteran

Taxation of Vintage & Veteran Vehicle

A vehicle is classed as a vintage/veteran once its 30 years old from date of manufacture and a concessionary rate of motor tax applies.

For the Renewal of Motor Tax of a Vintage & Veteran Vehicle

  • Completed application form i.e. Reminder Form RF100B (issues from VRU, Shannon) or Renewal Form RF100a. Form must be fully completed & signed ensuring insurance details are entered.
  • Brown logbook for vehicles registered in the state prior to 1st January 1993
  • Appropriate Fee. Refer to rates of duty.

If the vehicle owner does not have the appropriate registration documents please contact the Motor Tax Office on Locall 1890 202303 or email