In accordance with Section 13(2) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), Louth County Council is proposing a variation of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027.
The reasons for this proposed Variation are:
- To update the County Development Plan to take account of the methodology and housing projections as set out in the Section 28 Guidelines ‘Housing Supply Target Methodology for Development Planning’ and the ‘Projected Housing Demand by Local Authority Area 2020-2031 – ESRI NPF Scenario Housing Supply Target’ provided by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage in December 2020. This will ensure that the housing provision in the Development Plan is consistent with, and aligned with, national and regional policy.
- To update the County Development Plan to ensure it is consistent with Part V of the Planning and Development Act as amended by the Affordable Housing Act 2021.
Proposed Variation No. 1 of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 is accompanied a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report and associated SEA Screening Determination, prepared in accordance with the Planning & Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (as amended). Proposed Variation No. 1 is also accompanied by an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report and associated AA Screening Determination prepared in accordance with Part XAB of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Chief Executive's Report on Submissions/Observations
A Chief Executive’s Report has been prepared on submissions received during the public consultation of proposed Variation 1 of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027. This Report forms part of the statutory procedure for the preparation of the proposed Variation. This Report was submitted to the Elected Members for their consideration on 24th June 2022. The Report is available for viewing at the link below:
CE Report on Submissions Received to the proposed Variation No. 1 of the LCDP 2021-2027
Proposed Variation No. 1 - Documents
Proposed Variation No. 1 of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027
Proposed Variation No.1 of the Louth County Development Plan 2021-2027 – Amendments to the Housing Strategy
Newspaper Advert - Proposed Variation No. 1 of the LCDP 2021-2027
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Determination
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report
Appropriate Assessment (AA) Determination
Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report
Making a Submission
Written observations or submissions regarding the proposed Variation (and associated SEA and AA Screening documents) can be made between Wednesday 18th May, 2022 and 4pm on Friday 17th June, 2022 in either of the following forms:
- Email: email@example.com
- In writing to: Thomas McEvoy, A/Director of Services, Louth County Council, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth A91 W20C
Submissions/observations shall be made by one medium only and should include:
- Full name and address of the person making the submission/observation (on a separate page to the submission).
- Where applicable, details of the organisation/community/company you represent.
When making a submission/observation please note the following:
- Submissions/Observations should be clearly marked ‘draft Variation No. 1’
- Submissions/Observations should be made in one format only i.e. letter or e-mail.
- Submissions/Observations may be made available to the public - Louth County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/observation.
- Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions/observations.
Any written submissions or observations in respect of the proposed Variation No. 1 (and associated SEA and AA Screening documents) received within the timeframe will be taken into consideration before the making of Variation No. 1.
Please note that submissions/observations that do not relate to the proposed Variation will not be considered.
Louth County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Acts (as amended). If you consider that any of the information supplied by you is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to FOI requests, be examined in light of exemptions provided for in the FOI Act.