Taxing Your Vehicle


From 1st October 2013, if a vehicle is not going to be in use in a public place, a declaration must be made to your local motor tax office IN ADVANCE of the vehicle being taken off the road if you wish to avoid the requirement to pay motor tax for the period of non-use. For more information see the following link Vehicle Temporarily Off The Road

Vehicle Registration

Please note that first registration of new or imported vehicles is carried out by NCT, Coes Rd, Dundalk telephone 01 4135975 or
The taxation of new or imported vehicles can only take place when the details are updated on the motor tax system this can take up to 48 hours.

Taxing Your Vehicle - Vehicle Classifications

Private VehiclesSmall PSV (Taxi, Hackney, Limousine)
Goods VehiclesLimousine
Recovery VehiclesVintage and Veteran
Mobile WorkshopsExempt Vehicles
Motor CaravansTrailers
PSV and Youth/Community BusQuad Bikes
School BusRide on Mowers