Mobile Workshops

Taxation of Mobile Workshops

N.B - As from 13th August 2007 Mobile workshops require a roadworthiness test once they are one year old.

Ice Cream Vans/Chip Vans are not classified as Mobile Workshops and should be taxed at the appropriate goods/commercial rate.

Persons wishing to tax a vehicle for the first time as a Mobile Workshop must supply the following:

  • Application form RF100a must be fully completed and signed ensuring valid insurance details are entered
  • Registration Book/Vehicle Registration Certificate
  • Valid Insurance Certificate
  • Current Certificate of Roadworthiness from an authorised test centre.
  • Mobile Workshop Declaration 
  • Appropriate fee.  Rates of Duty