Public Art Commission
An Artwork for the Rejuvenation of Clanbrassil Street, Church Street, and Bridge Street, Dundalk - Budget €62,000
To be commissioned by Louth County Council, with partnership funding from the European Regional Development Fund, under the Designated Urban Centres Grant Scheme 2014 – 2020.
Louth County Council is seeking expressions of interest from artists to create an artwork or artworks to be sited on the Clanbrassil Street, Church Street, Bridge Street axis. This commission is in conjunction with the planned rejuvenation of this linear street, which aims to establish a new identity for this key gateway into Dundalk Town Centre. This will, in turn, assist in rebalancing the centre of gravity of the town, and build upon the benefits reaped through the successful Market Square redevelopment of 2012.
The key themes of this linear-street based urban rejuvenation project are –
- Formulation of a new identity for this quarter of the town and to ensure inclusivity for all members of the community – the very young, the old, those with impaired mobility, socially disadvantaged, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Improving connectivity and legibility for all members of the community and for visitors/tourists to the town.
- Creation of quality gateways, public spaces and public realm.
- Capitalising on, and respecting the rich heritage of the town.
- Operating and employing sustainable development principles through minimising energy consumption and maximising the use of renewable energy technology.
Download Full Clanbrassil St Public Art Commission Information.pdf (size 758.4 KB)
View Project Supporting Documents