Membership is Free for Everyone
Louth County Libraries membership enables you to use all 333 public libraries, read, browse, study, borrow items such as books, DVDs, games, use Wi-Fi, PCs, and printing services. You can borrow & reserve up to 12 items at a time, for a period of three weeks. Requested titles will be delivered quickly to your local branch, generally within a week.
Local Services include:
- Lending of books, audiobooks, DVD's, CDs, magazines & language sets
- Online services such as eBooks and eAudiobooks, digital magazines and newspapers
- Reference Library
- Universal Class online courses
- Free internet access in all branch libraries. Computers can be booked in advance for an hour at a time. Printing facilities are available in all branches. Printing costs 25c per page for black & white printing or 60c for colour printing.
- Free Wi-Fi access in Dundalk, Ardee & Drogheda Branches.
Join the Library - Register for a temporary account online which immediately allows you to reserve 1 item from the library catalogue. To avail of the full library service call into your local branch with your library account number, a photo ID & proof of address. If you are under 18 you will need a parent/guardian to accompany you to the library for first time registration.
You can also join in person at your local branch library. Please bring photo ID and proof of address.
DKIT/Louth County Libraries Co-Operation
DKIT students with a current student card are entitled to join Louth Libraries for free. Contact your local library to join.
Louth County Libraries members can also avail of the services of DkIT Library. Please ask at the issue desk of your local branch library in County Louth.
Register for Library Newsletter emailing list
Use the following form to register for our newsletter emailing list - Louth Library Newsletter Emailing list registration