You have the right to obtain a copy of any information about you that is held by Louth County Council. This information could be stored on a computer or in a manual filing system.
Request Personal Information from Louth County
To obtain any information about you that is held by Louth County Council, write to us at our address below.
Our Data Protection Policy
Data Protection Policy
We promise to operate best practice in relation to our responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- To obtain and process information fairly
- To keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- To use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes
- To keep it safe and secure
- To keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
- To ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- To retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for purposes for which it was obtained
- To give you a copy of your personal information on request
This policy is informed and guided by the principles contained in the ‘Rules for Data Protection’ as published by the Data Protection Commissioner.
For more information
Freedom of Information Unit,
Louth County Council,
St. Alphonsus Road, Dundalk.
Tel: (042) 9324124
For information on data protection, visit the website of the Data Protection Commissioner.