If you are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of homelessness, and your last permanent address is situated in County Louth, contact the Homeless Services on 087 418 6000 for an assessment with one of our team. Our hours of operation are 11am – 4 pm.
What does the Homeless assessment involve?
The Homeless Assessment involves:
- Establishing accommodation history;
- Establishing causes of homelessness;
- Establishing eligibility for services and/or emergency accommodation;
- Establishing support needs;
- Establishing if you are registered or eligible to register with a local authority for social housing support.
Eligibility for Emergency Accommodation
An assessment on eligibility for emergency services will be conducted during the call with the Homeless Team. If deemed eligible for Homeless services, you will be advised of the options available.
Are you renting and worried about losing your home?
If you have received a Notice to Quit the following services are available to you:
There is a dedicated freephone advice line operated by Threshold at 1800 454 454, you can contact this number if you are experiencing any of the following Tenancy issues:
- You are being asked to leave rented accommodation before your lease has expired
- Your Landlord is selling or reaquiring the home.
The Residential Tenancies Board (RTB) provides a dispute resolution service for tenants and landlords (including approved housing bodies). Telephone 0818 303 037.
Presenting as Homeless under 18 years of age
Contact your local area Health office where you will be advised of your options.
Regional Homeless Action Plan
Louth County Council has been designated as the responsible authority for the preparation of a Regional Homelessness Action Plan as provided in Chapter 6 of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2009.
A Regional Consultative Group for the region has been designated to oversee the preparation, implementation and review of action plans prepared.
North East Homelessness Action Plan 2021-2023