Sent: Friday 26 February 2021 16:40
Subject: Friday Communiqué - 26th February 2021
Good Afternoon All,
Welcome to this week’s edition of the Friday Communiqué!
Thank you to everyone who entered the Super Connectors Competition draw.
It was truly heart-warming to see all of your beautiful photos but without further ado, the winners are:
1st Prize of €150 Shop local voucher: Emily Scriven and her Grandmother Margaret
2nd Prize of €75 Shop Local voucher: Barney and May Sharkey with their grandchildren
3rd Prize of €25 Shop Local Voucher: Mary Scanlon and her mother Mary Bellew
Congratulations to all the winners and well done everyone who got involved! We hope that people continue to positively engage with and embrace digital technology to stay connected.
Remember, Louth Community Call remains fully active and are here to assist those who are elderly and/or vulnerable in our Community. For the Helpline Number, Click here and please circulate this information within your Networks so that all those who are elderly or vulnerable at this time can be looked after.
1. Government ‘Keep Well’ Campaign. Click Here
2. HSE Updated COVID-19 Resources. Click Here
3. **NEW** COVID-19 Information – HSE Communications Stakeholders Updates. Click Here
4. Resilience and Recovery 2020 – 2021: Government Plan for living with COVID-19. Click Here
5. IMPORTANT MESSAGE from The Department of the Taoiseach on the Brazilian Variant of COVID-19. Click Here
· **NEW** Mental Health – Boosting my Personal Resilience Course. Click Here
· **NEW** RSCI Centre for Positive Psychology and Health Presents – The Science of Health and Happiness. Click Here
· **NEW** Dementia Understand Together – February Update. Click Here
· **NEW** Family Aaddiction Support Network – Still Here For You. Click Here
· Supporting Children campaign in light of intensified COVID-19 restrictions. Click Here
· Covid 19 Information Campaign #LouthTogether. Click Here
· Parenting and Family Support Services. Click Here
· PPN Launch Video Highlighting Work of Community Groups. Click Here
· One Family and Louth Library Services. Click Here
· HSE Partner Pack Updates. Click Here
· NYCI – Guidance for Youth Organisations. Click Here
· PPN branded, reusable Face-mask on offer for PPN Members. Click Here
· PPN Zoom Account. Click Here
· **NEW** Throughout March EAPN Ireland and Community Work Ireland (CWI) will be hosting
· **NEW** Clár na nÓg – Training, Events, Opportunities and more. Click Here
· **NEW** Free
· **NEW** Louth Local Adventures Orienteering. Click Here
· **NEW** Covid – 19 and Youth Work… One Year On. Click Here
· **NEW** Community Employment Vacancies. Click Here
· SDG Advocate Training Programme. Click Here
· Local Enterprise Week 2021. Click Here
· Louth Library Service – Ireland Reads. Click Here
· Photography Techniques when working with Young People Training. Click Here
· Film-making with Young People in a Youth Work Setting. Click Here
· Film-editing when working with Young People. Click Here
· The Latest Workshops & Events from Louth Libraries. Click Here
· Intercultural Mediation Project Q&A. Click Here
· Local Volunteering Options with Louth Volunteer Centre. Click Here
· Befriending Training: Keep Well – Staying Connected. Click Here
· Louth Monaghan Alzheimer Virtual Cáfe 2021. Click Here
· Community Addiction Studies Course. Click Here
· Minecraft Workshop presented by Louth Library Service. Click Here
· Louth Local Sports Partnership – Keep Well initiatives to keep you moving. Click Here
· Irish School of Ecumenics: Education and Research Programme. Click Here
· The Genesis Programme and CYPSC - Keep Well Initiatives. Click Here
· Irish Hospice Foundation – 2021 Workshops. Click Here
· Volunteering Opportunities with Age & Opportunity. Click Here
· Genesis Programme – Incredible Years Parents Programme. Click Here
· **NEW** The Winners of the Supper Connectors Competition announced. Click Here
· **NEW** Louth Volunteer Centre - Bubble Buddies Initiative. Click Here
· **NEW** Get In The Picture – Campaign for New-borns & their Mum’s. Click Here
· **NEW** Celebrating Phenomenal Women – Empowering Talk on Zoom. Click Here
· **NEW** Library Events - Celebrate Click Herewith storyteller Roisin Murphy.
· New Research – Mapping Youth Art Provision in Youth Work Setting. Click Here
· Cybersafeireland are hosting a series of workshops for Children, Parents and Professionals. Click Here
· Free Workshop – Introduction to Recovery Education. Click Here
· LMETB Staying Connected Initiative. Click Here
· Education and research programme exploring the theme“Is There A Common Good?”. Click Here
· Louth Volunteer Centre – Tap into a new Volunteer base. Click Here.
· **NEW** TidyTowns Newsletter 2/2021. Click Here
· The Arts Programme Team, Age & Opportunity February E-zine is now available. Click Here
· February edition of The Arts Council Newsletter. Click Here
Please DO NOT reply to this email or send any information for inclusion in the Friday Communiqué to this address. Please use the PPN address only.
Please note that after it has been removed from the FC, all information shared through the Friday Communiqué remains available on the Louth PPN website under the ‘Latest News’ Section on the Home Page and/or on the COVID-19 Page.
If you have any important updates/information on your services and would like this to be included in the FC for circulation to all PPN Members, please email email@example.com by 5pm every Thursday. We also welcome any pictures/feel good stories of the fantastic work you are doing throughout our towns and villages that you might like to share with us.
** We would like to ask members to let us know of any groups that are currently not registered with Louth PPN but that are dealing with vulnerable people. We also ask that you please circulate the Friday Communiqué to people outside of your groups so they too can avail of our updates. Many thanks and stay safe.