What is Not Around Us?
Not Around Us is about promoting an environment where it is easier for those who smoke to quit and stay quit and help de-normalise smoking for the next generation. The purpose of the Not Around Us project is to:
- Help protect children and young people from second hand smoke.
- Contribute to the de-normalisation of smoking around children and young people.
- Reduce the environmental nuisance, cost of cleaning and damage that discarded tobacco products create.
- Signpost the HSE QUIT Services.
How to get involved?
Not Around Us signage will be made available free of charge to interested not for profit organisations, schools and early years services. To get involved all you have to do is fill in the Expression of interest form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. The professionally designed and manufactured signage is for use in indoor and outdoor spaces where children and young people are likely to attend. Information is also available on the information leaflets and guidance documents below which will assist the participating organisations to communicate the Not Around Us message.
What can you do to support Not Around Us?
- Do not smoke in places where children and young people are likely to be.
- Support participating organisations.
- Spread the Not Around Us message around the county.
Healthy Louth, Louth County Council, CYPSC Louth, Louth Youth Services Network, HSE Quit Team, HSE's Health and Wellbeing Division, Louth Comhairle na nOg and Louth PPN.
NAU_Expression-of-Interest-Forms-Louth.pdf (size 308.8 KB)
Guidance-Document-for-Organisations-Louth.pdf (size 230.4 KB)
NAU-Louth-Charter.pdf (size 354.1 KB)
Louth-Not-Around-Us-Signage.pdf (size 784.8 KB)
For more information contact:
Healthy Ireland Coordinator
Louth County Council