COMMUNITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME 2020
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) provides funding to locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas across Co. Louth. The funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the Local Economic Community Plan.
The Community Enhancement Programme is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and will be administered through the LCDC and the Community section of Louth County Council.
The funding covers capital projects only and should demonstrate added value. Projects or elements of projects of a capital nature may be funded. These include, for example, office equipment, project resources, research facilities, energy efficiency equipment, etc. for voluntary groups.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centre’s
- Once off maintenance of premises. This does not include regular routine maintenance
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
English version with full details of the programme click here. Irish version of the programme click here
English version of the Application Form click here.
Irish version of the Application Form click here.
Applications should be returned to Community Enhancement Programme, Community Section, Louth County Council, Millennium Centre, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 KFW6.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm on Friday 28th August 2020.