Motor Caravans

Taxation of Motor Caravans

  • Tax Renewal Form RF100a. Form must be fully completed & signed ensuring valid insurance details are entered.
  • Insurance Details – Insurance Co., Expiry Date and Policy Number.
  • An Authorised officer in the Area Motor Tax Office will inspect the vehicle to ensure that it contains the necessary permanently affixed sink unit & cooking equipment as well as ensuring that the interior height of the vehicle is not less than 1.8 metres. Please ring your nearest Motor Tax Area Office to make an appointment for inspection. The Revenue Commissioners have advised that no extra duty is payable when changing from van to camper van provided the unladen weight of the vehicle is over 3 tonne.
  • Motor Caravan declaration form must also be completed.