Membership is Free for Everyone
Louth County Libraries membership enables you to use all 333 public libraries, read, browse, study, borrow items such as books, DVDs, games or other formats, use Wi-Fi, PCs, and printing services. You can also reserve up to 12 items at a time from the 15 million titles available in the libraries. You can do this when you visit a library or you can request online from home. Your selected titles will be delivered quickly to your local branch, generally within a week.
Local Services include:
- Lending of books, language tapes, audio books, DVD's, CDs, large print books, magazines and journals
- Online services such as eBooks and eAudiobooks, digital magazines and newspapers
- Reference collection - encyclopaedias, directories etc.
- Universal Class online courses and Mango Languages
- Free internet access in all branch libraries. Computers can be booked in advance for an hour at a time. Printing facilities are available in all branches. Printing costs 25c per page for black & white printing or 60c for colour printing.
- Free Wi-Fi access in Dundalk, Ardee & Drogheda Branches.
Join the Library - Register for the library online to gain a temporary online account which immediately allows you to reserve 1 item from the library catalogue. To borrow items and avail of the full library service just call into your local branch with your library account number, a photo ID & proof of address. If you are under 18 you will need a parent/guardian to accompany you to the library for first time registration.
You can also join in person at your local branch library. Please bring along photo ID and proof of address.
Twelve items may be borrowed for three weeks after which daily fines of 5c per item will incur.
DKIT/Louth County Libraries Co-Operation
DKIT students with a current student card are entitled to join Louth Libraries for free. Contact you local library to join.
This will enable students to access:
- Free WiFi Dundalk, Ardee & Drogheda Libraries.
- A wide range of CD’s and DVD’s
- A large collection of new fiction, non-fiction and reference materials.
Louth County Libraries members can also avail of the services of DkIT Library. If you are interested in signing up to this initiative please ask at issue desk of your local branch library in County Louth.