Planning and Development Acts, 2000 (as amended)
Part 8, Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
Ardee Castle Refurbishment & Access Improvement Works
Louth County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to carry out refurbishment of Ardee Castle a Protected Structure, comprising the Castle, Bridewell Block to the rear and modern courtyard extension (Reference Lhs 017-017, NIAH 13823004 and a National Monument, Reference LH 017 – 101018 ) and the adjoining house known as the Judge’s Chambers (Reference LHS -017-073, NIAH 13823005). The proposed works are to a National Monument, protected structures and are within the Ardee Architectural Conservation Area as designated in the Louth County Council Development Plan 2015 -2021.
The refurbishment of Ardee Castle shall comprise the following:
- Main entrance relocation to the adjoining building on Castle Street (Judge’s Chambers) to facilitate universal access;
- New external lift to rear of Judge’s Chambers to serve ground and first floor;
- New external fire escape stairs to rear of the Castle to serve ground and all upper floors;
- Refurbishment of the Castle, Bridewell Block at rear, modern extension and adjoining Judge’s Chambers.
- External areas developed to facilitate universal access and used for ramps and level changes.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection during the period Thursday, 23rd February 2017 to Thursday, 6th April 2017 during normal office hours at:
Louth County Council, Civic Offices, Fairgreen, Ardee.
Louth County Council, Infrastructure Offices, Town Hall, Dundalk.
Plans and particulars may be purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to the undersigned at Louth County Council, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, before 5.00pm on Friday, 21st April 2017.
Dated this 17th Day of February 2017.
Eugene Mc Manus
Louth County Council.