- Local history books and directories, which list local people and businesses; and various histories on prominent local families.
- Tithe Applotment Books - 1820's - available on microfilm, showing names of occupiers of land, size of holdings, and the sums to be paid in tithes, for the purpose of maintaining the Church of Ireland, which was the church of the state at the time.
- Freeholders Lists - 1820's - names of occupiers of land, and landowners' names.
- Griffith's Valuation - 1854 - shows names of occupiers of land or buildings, the names of persons from whom these were leased, and the amount and value of property held.
- Index to surnames in the Tithe Applotment Books, and CD Index to surnames in Griffith's Valuation
- The library offers a genealogical research service, at a charge of €31.50, for which one of our main research sources is our database of Catholic church records of Co. Louth, which cover the period from the mid 1700's up to 1900. These records cover 21 parishes, with a total of over 258,000 entries.
- 1901 Census records of Co.Louth - available on microfilm.
- Electoral lists of 1885 and 1915, for some Co. Louth parishes.
For more information on family history/genealogy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org