The Environment Section has responsibility for a range of environmental issues.
- Waste Management.
- Promotion of waste reduction.
- Promotion of recycling and responsible waste disposal.
- Permitting of waste facilities and waste collectors.
- Implementing regulations controlling waste streams including, waste tyres, end of life vehicles, waste electronic and electrical equipment, farm plastics and food waste.
- Promotion of Litter Control through both education and enforcement.
- Protection of surface waters and ground waters from pollution.