- Be on the Live Register and claiming Jobseekers Allowance or Jobseekers Benefit for a minimum period of six months prior to the date of course commencement.
- Be on the Live Register and signing for credits for a minimum period of six months prior to the date of course commencement
- Be claiming One Parent Family Payment for a minimum period of six months prior to the date of course commencement
- Please note that for Level 9 courses a period of three years or more must have elapsed between the completion of your last Level 8 qualification and date of Springboard course commencement.
Each Springboard course has predetermined academic eligibility criteria that you must meet.
Please note that Springboard applicants must be unemployed for a minimum of six months and at the time of starting an approved course must be in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit or One Parent Family Payment or be signing for contribution credits. However, in calculating the qualifying period of 6 months unemployed, time in receipt of any of the following allowances will also be taken into account:
- Disability Allowance
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA)
- Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA)
- VTOS training allowance
- FAS Training Allowance