As the County Archives Service, we are very interested in acquiring archives and records that relate to all aspects of the development of County Louth. These may be from individuals, community groups, committees, societies, significant businesses etc. The Archives Service is deeply indebted to those who have deposited or donated archives since its establishment. These archives are of social and historical importance to our county and present and future generations will have access to them.
If you have a collection that you would be willing to donate, or know of someone who would, please contact the County Archivist at 042-9324358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or use the following forms
Terms and Conditions
By depositing your archives in the County Archives Service, the following benefits can be achieved:
- The archivist can arrange and list the archives in accordance with archival standards. Finding aids/catalogues can then be produced to assist in searching for relevant documents;
- Archives can be cleaned, and packed in folders, boxes, or envelopes that are archivally sound, i.e. acid-free, protecting the documents from further damage;
- Archives can be stored in a designated building that is conducive to ensuring their permanent preservation. The environment is continually monitored, fittings are archivally sound, and security against fire, flooding, and theft is maintained. Interference with the content of documents is also guarded against;
- Public access can be provided to the archives, thus benefiting the wider community;
- The Archives Service can be assisted in providing better educational activities for various groups, and promoting outreach activities for the public;
- Provenance and integrity of the collection can be established and maintained;
- Conservation needs of the archives can be assessed and they may be able to receive conservation treatment in due course.